We are doing everything that we can to safely give you access to affordable and high-quality treatments.
The below outlines the measures that we have taken to keep you, our trainees and our staff as safe as possible during this period.
We will continue to review and amend these measures according to Government advice as the situation changes.
- All clinic visitors and staff will be risk assessed prior to attending the clinic; those that have any viral symptoms (fever or continuous cough), that have been in contact with anyone with these symptoms within 14 days of their appointment will not be able to attend The Academy Clinic.
- We ask that you complete a digital form containing a medical questionnaire and COVID-19 risk assessment 48 hours prior to attending your appointment – this will be available to you following booking.
- We encourage you not to attend your appointment too early and to bring minimal possessions.
Thank you for adhering to these measures; you will not only be protecting yourself but also others.
- We have reduced the number of clinic appointments that will run per day and have reduced the number of staff in the building at any one time.
- We have designated waiting areas in the clinic that allow over 1m social distancing at any time.
- Clinic visitors will not be able to bring anyone with them to their appointment – this includes partners and children.
- We have a window screen applied to the reception desk area so that you can interact with our staff safely within a 1m distance when necessary.
- We have limited our lift usage to one person at a time.
- All visitors will be asked to enter the clinic via the lift and to exit via the stairs* to maintain social distancing.
*Please let us know if you are unable to walk down stairs in advance of your appointment and we will make adjustments for you.
- All clinic visitors will be required to use our antimicrobial hand gel on arrival to the building. Handwashing facilities are also available in addition to this.
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask in all public areas in the clinic.
- All clinical staff will have the required personal protective equipment (PPE) for all appointments and treatments.
- A handwashing policy is in place so that all clinical staff will wash their hands before and after every treatment.
- Any clinic visitor can have access to handwashing facilities, a mask and gloves during their visit, if they wish to.
- Each clinic room will have a full 15 minute clean after every appointment.
- All clinical surfaces will be cleaned multiple times daily.
- All non-essential items that cannot be adequately cleaned (e.g. magazines, product testers) have been removed from the clinic.
- All paper forms and pens have been removed and replaced with digital ipad forms which are cleaned between individual use.
- We will not be performing any ‘aerosol’ procedures (our Plasma Eyelid Tightening treatment is not currently available)
- We now accept payment by card only. We have also introduced a voluntary secure payment system where your card details are saved and charged following treatment – this removes the need to use chip and pin machines.
We would like to thank you in advance for your vital cooperation with these measures so that we can provide you with access to our treatments during these unusual times.
Changes to Demo Appointments
- Demo Appointments will still be performed by an expert trainer – but the observing students will not be in the treatment room. Instead, the treatment will be live-streamed to them while they study from home.
- The camera is small fitted to the ceiling (you’ll barely notice it!) so there’s no need to strike a pose.
- The observing group is the same size as usual – limited to 5-10 students.
- Your treatment will be recorded for educational purposes only – we won’t share it online or on social media