You can find find important post-treatment aftercare advice below to assure you get the very best results every time.
ANTI WRINKLE TREATMENTS
- Immediately afterwards you may have a small swelling at the injection site which will reduce within 30 minutes.
- There may occasionally be a small bruise or redness which will resolve within a few days.
- The full effect of Botulinum Toxin takes up to 30 days but most people start to notice some changes within 5 days and a full result by 14 days.
- If a review is needed this needs to be booked within 4 weeks of treatment.
- Avoid alcohol, exercise and facial massage for 24 hours afterwards as it can lead to flushing of the skin – this can reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Avoid applying makeup directly to the injection sites for 12 hours.
- Avoid taking Ibuprofen or Aspirin for 24 hours as this can lead to bruising.
We do not offer routine reviews following botulinum toxin at The Academy Clinic, however, if you have any concerns or unwanted side effects, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DERMAL FILLER TREATMENTS
- You may have some discomfort, swelling and bruising around the area treated- this should resolve within a few days.
- If you notice any areas of skin that become pale or grey in colour or if you are experiencing ongoing and worsening pain, you should seek immediate advice from The Academy Clinic – this could be a sign that a nearby blood vessel has been blocked. This is a very rare but potentially serious complication and treatment may be needed urgently.
- Avoid touching or applying makeup directly to the injection sites for 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol, exercise, aspirin and ibuprofen for at least 24 hours as this can increase the risk of bruising.
- Avoid alcohol, heat, and exercise for at least 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid sun and UV exposure to the treatment area 4 weeks before and after treatment. Exposure can lead to pigmentary changes in the skin.
- Avoid touching or applying make-up to the treatment area for 24 hours.
- Avoid using any exfoliants, including physical and chemical, as well as active ingredients (e.g AHAs (such as glycolic acid) BHAs (such as salicylic acid) and retinols for at least seven days.
- Please ensure you keep the treatment area clean – we recommend using a fresh pillow case after treatment.
- You may have some discomfort, swelling, redness, peeling of the skin or bruising around the treatment area(s); this should disappear within a few days.
- If you notice any areas of skin that become blistered, painful or crusted please contact The Academy Clinic as soon as possible.
For any urgent medical issues relating to your treatment at The Academy Clinic, contact our team on:
During Office Hours: (9am-6pm Monday – Saturday): 020 3884 3246
Out of Office Hours & Public Holidays: 020 3905 4949